Admission to Doctorate Degree at KU
The University of Kansas is a great place to pursue a graduate degree, since graduate education is central to KU’s mission of learning, scholarship and creative activity. We invite you to explore our graduate degree information, review our student resources, and learn more on our knowledgeable faculty and the vibrant community of Lawrence, Kansas.
Please note that KU does not accept paper applications for admission. The online application is designed to give you the ability to submit all supporting documents in one form.
Not sure of how to proceed? We’ve created a Graduate Application Checklist, just for you!
Application Deadline for Doctorate (Ed.D.) in Higher Education Administration
Apply before July 1 to begin in the Fall Semester
- A bachelor’s and a master’s degree with a grade-point average (GPA) of at least a B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) from a regionally accredited institution or a foreign university with substantially equivalent degree requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to succeed academically as indicated on transcripts and through references;
- Holds a current professional position in higher education or related organization (e.g., foundation, policy think tank, or state education organization);
- Three years professional experience at a higher education institution (preferred);
- Statement of purpose that matches what the program offers.