Doctorate in Higher Education Administration at KU
The Doctorate in Higher Education Administration* at the University of Kansas School of Education is appropriate for current college or university staff members and administrators who need a doctoral degree to advance in their careers; for individuals intending to become faculty members in community colleges, for other small colleges; or for individuals working in non-profit organizations.
Benefits of the program include:
- True Cohort Experience – Newly admitted students in KU’s Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration program will join a small community or cohort of diverse and exciting fellow students each fall semester.
- Holistic Admission – Emphasis for admission eligibility is based on prior academic ability and administrative experience, rather than a standardized test score. GRE exam scores are not required, but optional for admission.
- Blended Delivery Format – Designed to accommodate the schedules of working professionals, coursework includes both face-to-face and online instruction.
- Saturday Classes – Limited face-to-face classes will meet on Saturdays so not to interrupt a busy work week, and allow students to explore both the main campus in Lawrence, as well as the KU Edwards Campus in Overland Park, Kan.
- Focus on Leadership & Data for Decision-making – Program curriculum and experiences emphasize leadership of diverse institutions and focus on understanding, using, and telling stories with institutional data.
- Professional Network – Instructors and fellow graduate students will offer a broad-based knowledge of the field, lifelong friends and fellow colleagues. A professional mentorship requirement will help students build a sense of connection for your higher education administration career.
- Program Reputation - KU's Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration is offered through the KU School of Education, which was recently ranked 8th in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report's Best Public Education Schools.
- Affordability - A degree from the KU School of Education will be one of the best investments you can make in yourself. Let us help you afford it.
*This program is a doctor of education degree in educational leadership and policy with an emphasis in higher education administration.