Doctorate in Higher Education Administration at KU
The Ed.D in higher education administration* at the University of Kansas is appropriate for current mid-level college or university staff members and administrators seeking to advance in their careers; for individuals intending to become faculty members in community colleges or other small colleges; for individuals working in non-profit organizations, think tanks or state higher education agencies.
Benefits of the program include:
- True Cohort Experience – Newly admitted students in KU’s Ed.D. in higher education administration program will join a small community or cohort of diverse and exciting fellow students each summer semester.
- Holistic Admission – Emphasis for admission eligibility is based on prior academic ability, administrative experience and program fit, rather than a standardized test score. GRE exam scores are not required, but optional for admission.
- Blended Delivery Format – Designed to accommodate the schedules of working professionals, coursework includes both face-to-face and online instruction.
- Saturday Classes – In-person Classes will meet on four Saturdays per semester so not to interrupt a busy work week, and allow students to explore both the main campus in Lawrence, as well as the KU Edwards Campus in Overland Park, Kansas.
- Focus on Leadership & Practioner's Scholars – Program curriculum and experiences emphasize leadership of diverse institutions and understanding, using, and telling stories with institutional data.
- Professional Network – Instructors and fellow graduate students will offer a broad-based knowledge of the field, lifelong friends and fellow colleagues. A professional mentorship requirement will help students build a sense of connection for their higher education administration career.
- Program Reputation - KU's Ed.D. in higher education administration is offered through the KU School of Education, which conistently ranks among top 10 among public universities in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report's Best Public Education Schools.
- Affordability - A degree from the KU School of Education will be one of the best investments you can make in yourself. Let us help you afford it.
*This program is a doctor of education degree in educational leadership and policy with an emphasis in higher education administration.