- Associate Professor of the Practice
- Masters of Higher Education Administration Program Coordinator
1122 W. Campus Rd.
Lawrence, KS 66045-3101
Dallas Doane is an associate professor of the practice and master’s program coordinator in higher education administration at KU. He received his Doctor of Education in educational administration and leadership with a specialization in adult & higher education from the University of South Dakota. Prior to his faculty appointment at KU, Dallas spent several years as a student affairs practitioner, most recently as the director of a federal student support services grant. Dallas is active with the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) and enjoys volunteering his time to the Center for First-generation Student Success. He is a proud first-generation college graduate and enjoys mentoring other first-gen students.
Student success for first-generation college students; high-impact educational practices; college access/opportunity programs
Student affairs preparation courses; assessment & program evaluation; diversity/equity/inclusion; college access and success.
Awards & Honors —
- 2023 Advisor of the Year, USD Student Government Association
- 2023 U.N.I.T.Y. Award, Union of African American Students
- 2022 Executive Leadership Institute for College Access Professionals, Council for Opportunity in Education
- 2022 President’s Executive Leadership Institute, University of South Dakota
- 2020 Champion of Inclusive Excellence Award, USD Center for Diversity and Community
- 2019 South Dakota Humanities Council Grant Recipient
- 2017 NASPA Rising Star Graduate Student Award Recipient